About Valley Dental Group
Founded in 1974, Drs. Robert Hoover and Mark Anderson had a vision for a dental practice that would be able to offer both general and specialty dental services to patients in one setting. For over 40 years Valley Dental Groups mission has been to help our patients of all ages achieve and maintain optimum dental health.
Valley Dental Group, a general and multi-specialty practice, is dedicated to helping people of all ages achieve and maintain optimum dental health by providing a full range of services in a personal, caring and convenient setting.
Goals and Objectives
- To provide our patients with the highest quality health care experience possible.
- To care for patients in a comfortable and efficient setting with family-like hospitality, using state of the art managerial and health care technology.
- To be a leader in dental health services in the communities and market segments we serve.
Beliefs and Values
- Our commitment to quality dentistry makes Valley Dental Group your best choice.
- Our patients, their needs and optimum care are our first concern.
- A lifetime approach to dental health care best serves our patients lifetime interests.
- We are committed to continuing education in all areas of dental health care, science and management.
- Our harmonious work environment benefits our patients and dental team.
- The creativity and energy of our team stimulates a culture of enthusiasm and excellence.
- Our organization must provide an atmosphere where all team members may grow personally as well as professionally.
- Each team member is personally responsible for bringing their own actions into harmony with our organizational values.
- Developing and maintaining a strong corporate culture for the purpose of mutually benefiting all concerned is a priority.
- A participative management structure where all team members can provide input for the purpose of attaining a stronger, more cohesive organization serves our practice best.
- A work environment where everyone shares in the organizational responsibilities and helps attain our accomplishment goals results in the benefit of sharing the rewards of success.
- It is okay to laugh and to have fun at what we do, thereby making our office atmosphere more enjoyable for our patients and ourselves.
Our Commitment To Quality
Valley Dental Group is one of the select few dental practices in the nation accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), recognizing us for meeting their highest care standards. We are also noted for excellence by Mpls. St.Paul Magazine, the Consumers Checkbook, dentistry.com and others.
We take patient safety very seriously and adhere to the highest standards of cleanliness and sterilization. Our sterilization policies meet or exceed the CDC guidelines, and our team is well trained and monitored on all the daily sterilization requirements. Here are some of the measures we take to ensure your safety;
Disinfection of counters and other surfaces all surfaces including; countertops, chairs, trays, handles, view boxes, patient protective eyewear, and even the pens used in the treatment rooms are sterilized after each patient visit.
- Hand washing at the start of the day all clinical team members wash their hands thoroughly with an antibacterial soap; this is continued throughout the day. Before each patient all team members use a commercial grade instant hand antiseptic that is tested to kill greater than 98% of other harmful bacteria within 15 seconds.
- Face masks and gloves during dental treatment each clinical team member wears a face mask and new exam gloves.
- Barriers after each patient, the room is sterilized and new barriers are placed on the chair, handles and switches.
- Disposable items disposable items are used whenever possible.
- Suction lines each day the suction lines are flushed and a sterilizing solution used over night to prevent bacteria from colonizing in the lines.
- Water lines all water lines are flushed and drained at the end of the each day and sterilized as directed.
- Instruments all instruments used in a patients mouth are cleaned and heat sterilized. Each sterilization batch is tested to ensure complete sterilization. On a weekly basis our sterilizing equipment is tested by an outside agency to ensure your safety.
We assure you that every precaution is being taken to ensure your safety. We welcome any suggestions you may have for improvement.