We hope this finds you and your family in good health. We realize that the COVID-19 outbreak has created a level uncertainty as we all head towards a “new normal”. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for Valley Dental Group and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office reviews infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and closely adhere to each agencies’ recommendations as best possible given this evolving environment.
We wanted to share some other changes we are making to reassure you that your safety is our #1 priority.
- We have temporarily turned off our electronic appointment confirmations. When we call you to confirm your appointment, we will have a series of questions that we will ask prior to your visit. These questions are from the American Dental Association.
- We are checking temperatures of our team members and patients daily.
- A second series of questions will be asked at check-in and a consent to treat will be signed.
- We will ask you to swish with a peroxide solution and wash your hands prior to being seen by the Provider.
- We ask that patients and guests wear a face mask while in the practice. If you do not have a mask, you will be provided a mask.
- Our waiting rooms will have a reduced and limited capacity to ensure proper social distancing. You will find social distancing markers in the practice to assist us all in this effort
- All magazines and child play areas have been removed, as well as the coffee station.
- We would ask you to attend the appointment by yourself to reduce office congestion unless you are accompanying a child, a person with disabilities, etc.
- The lobby will be disinfected every 60 minutes and an even more rigorous disinfection process will be implemented in the treatment rooms after each use.
- Our Providers will all be wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment consistent with any new guidelines. Depending on your procedure you may see your Provider wearing a face shield and gown in addition to their mask and googles.
- If you are considered “high risk”, have flu like symptoms, shortness of breath, recent loss of taste/smell, have traveled in the past 14 days to any regions affected by COVID-19, and/or have a fever greater than 100, please contact the practice prior to your appointment.
We miss our patients greatly and cannot wait to see your smiling faces soon!